Elite Rowing Coach Blog / erg
Dec 20, 2014
If you are training hard to get recruited to row in college you will be interested in my elite coaching service. Watch this short presentation and make getting recruited to college a reality. I graduated from Brown University. It was thanks to a set of Elite coaches that I set an indoor rowing world record, stayed undefeated with Brown, and won Olympic gold and silver.
Nov 15, 2014
WATCH: Crash B / 5 Mistakes to Avoid / Lowering Erg Score / Rowing in College a Life Changing Experience
Rowing in college is a life changing experience. Making sure to train the right way is key to a successful admission to a great collegiate rowing program.
This presentation sheds light on how elite coaching approaches rowing at the junior level.
Nov 10, 2014
- Guaranteed! Here is how:
- You must follow EVERY workout.
- Take screenshot photos of the performance monitor after every workout.
- You are not allowed to do extra workouts that are not listed on the training plan.
- An initial all-out 2K needs to be filmed and submitted in order to be considered for the program.
- At the end of the 30 days an ALL OUT 2K needs to be performed to assess the progress.
- ENJOY ELITE COACHING AT ITS BEST!
May 23, 2014Read more →
Oct 24, 2013
Need a better erg score? Think outside of the box, step on it! 1. Training the body different ways. When I work with rowers through my ELITE COACHING program, I make sure that the mind keeps firing on all pistons. It is key to not just use the rowing machine or the boat to become better at rowing, because only rowing can lead to mental burnout. The body needs to be trained all around. This type of training is called X-training. X-training in winter becomes quite limited due to outside temperatures. However, strength endurance circuit training is an excellent form...
Oct 23, 2013
1. You must be selfish to succeed on the erg. Group mentality is not going to cut it. 2. Don't go it alone. I didn't, I had coaches. In today's age, getting coaching is one key stroke away. 3. Avoid the major mistakes everyone does. Listen carefully to the webinar above. There are obvious faux pas that will lead you nowhere. 4. Elite coaching is key to your success it was for me. I had the best coaches. They show me how to get ready to deliver punishing erg scores. Now it is my turn to show you how you...
Oct 22, 2013
A bad erg score can ruin your day and your recruiting. 1. You hate the anticipation of a 2K I can't blame you. Your last 2K brought you to your knees and you may have not gotten a new personal best. Now you are expected to do better, without feeling better... The anticipation of 2K can keep you awake at night. I understand, but it really does not have to be that way. The right training plan can help you build for a new personal best, physically and mentally. My coaches made me a specialist in this! 2. You...